Re: Buffer Cache performance

From: terry norman <scott_at_tiger9.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 18:02:39 -0000

Julio,

We had a problem with a big table which was set to "cache" and not "nocache", taking over the buffers, or at least a lot of them, whenever it was scanned. Increasing the value of db_block_buffers brought little increase in hit rate because of this. So it might be worth having a look to see if you've got any big cached tables. Just a thought.

Regards,
Terry.