Pull records 1000-2000 from SQL recordset

From: Scott Cooper <vcooper_at_fyiowa.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 07:02:47 -0500

I have a query that is pulling 5000 records back from Oracle, but I may only be interested in records 1000-2000 at the moment (may want to work with any subset, just using this as an example). I have an order by clause in the query, and I want the 1000-2000 recordset to be taken AFTER the sort. Can I achieve this in SQL, or do I have to process the recordset outside of SQL?

SELECT *
FROM Customers
WHERE Name LIKE 'A%'
ORDER BY State, City, Name

is a sample query that returns the 5000 total records.

Thanks for your help!

Scott Cooper
SCooper_at_pub.mcleodusa.com Received on Sat Oct 30 1999 - 07:02:47 CDT