ADO -> Oracle

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 07:55:22 -0400

I am learning how to use ADO to connect to an Oracle database.

After defining a connection with DRIVER={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle}, I am able to retrieve records into a record set and process them sequentially. However, in attempting to add new features to the program I tried to do a rs.movelast followed by a rs.movefirst and received an error message:

Run-time error '-2147217884 (80040e24)
The rowset does not support fetching backwards.

Is this a problem with:

1. Oracle?
2. ODBC?
3. The particular version of ODBC on my system
4. ADO?
5. ADO 2.1?

Is there anything that I can do to get this functionality? Received on Fri Oct 29 1999 - 06:55:22 CDT