how to run to batch reports on unix platforms designed in Win NT

From: <ngorty_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 06:54:51 GMT

Hi Gurus,
  I am a newbee and need some help on oracle batch report scheduling.

Problem: I am trying to design an report having graphs and charts on Windows NT platform using Developer 2000 tool. Once the Report Layout is designed, I have to save that file in Oracle database in Unix. Then I want to run this report on Unix environment at scheduled time everyday and write the output to Pdf files and store the resultant pdf files into Oracle database. This stored database file wil then be retrieved by many clients which will then get printed. Is this possible, if it is can any body advise me how to do it?

In short-

  1. Report Layout embedding charts designed using Developer 2000 on "Win NT"
  2. Report Layout stored on Unix platform.
  3. Run the report on batch mode every night- the output written to pdf and stored in database on Unix platform.
  4. The stored pdf file on Unix platform has to be displayed on multiple web clients.

Please advise me how to achieve this task. Thanks in advance

Gorty

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 29 1999 - 01:54:51 CDT