Re: Dynamic table and column identifiers?

From: Jens Schauder <jens.schauder_at_opal-edv.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 02:34:37 -0700

Hi
The bad news are
You can't do things like that with sql

The good news are in most environments you can create your sql statement dynamical and the information to do so is stored in tables in oracle so you can access it.

the tables you are looking for are
all_tab_columns (You can also replace all by DBA or USER to get all the tables you can see
all the tables in the db
all the tables of your user
obviously not everybody has the privileges to select all these tables.

If you want to create your sql statement dynamicaly using PL/SQL ... there was a package ... but I forgot the name. Maybe somebody else can give a hint?