Re: Oracle certificate?

From: Jens Schauder <jens.schauder_at_opal-edv.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 02:21:46 -0700

Shih-Chi Chiang wrote:

> I have a question for Oracle expert.
>
> There are some training program like " Oracle DBA certificate " or "
> Oracle Porgramming certificate " in the market. But I can not find these
>
> information in Oracle Web Site. I want to know if these certificates are
>
> approved from Oracle Corporation or not.
Yes there are Oracle Certification. They fully approved from Oracle and ther should be information about this on the oracle pages ... wait ... they are realy good in hiding information ... here it is:

http://technet.oracle.com/training/index.htm

 If it is, is there a strong
> demand in the market for those certificate holders? When I am doing job
> search, it seems that those recruiters are interested only in your
> experience but not the certificate.

Although I've heard stories about salary rises after certification, I'd agree to your oppinion. The certificates become interesting if you don't have enough experience or if the employer wants to become an oracle partner in which case he'll need 2 oracle cert. profs.

> Thank you for your answering

Your welcome

> Shih-Chi

Jens Received on Fri Oct 29 1999 - 04:21:46 CDT