Re: Oracle API for C/C++ ?

From: Alex Skolnick <anon_at_anon.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 18:56:54 GMT

I am surprised that no one has mentioned oo40 (Oracle Objects for OLE). I have been using this since day one. However, I must admit to be ignorant when it comes to how it performs with OCI and some of the other options presented.

I find oo40 to be very easy to use and currently build all my MFC apps for win9x and NT using oo40. How does OO4O stack up against OCI and the others? Slower? Faster? smaller? bigger??

Is there any information (besides the .doc file that came with Oracle) on OO40 (api's, tech notes, samples) on the net I can look into to compare?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Received on Thu Oct 28 1999 - 13:56:54 CDT