Re: HELP ME, PLEASE!!!

From: <rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 17:33:46 GMT

mvd_k, Dobry Den.

I do not know if I have an answer, but here are some troubleshooting ideas.

Here is your original code:

  select data, master, sum (kodpdm)

      into:a1,:a2,:a3
      from syntezras
      where master=1
      group by data, master

  select data, master, sum (kodpdm)
       into:bl1.data,:bl1.master,:bl1.sum
      from syntezras
      where master =:bl2.master and data =:bl2.data
      group by data, master

   I receive a error message ORA-1460 unimplemented or    unreasonable conversion requested.

  1. isolate the error as being in sql or in Forms: can you run the query from SQL/PLUS? Start simple and build up... a) select data from syntezras.... select data, master from syntezras group by data,master select kodpdm from s. select sum(kodpdm) from s...

This should prove whether the query works all by itself.

b) Test the variables.
Now put the working query into a PL/SQL block in SQL/PLUS

   declare a,b,c....
   begin

     select data, master, etc...
     into a, b, c ..etc.

   end ;
(or make a cursor and open the cursor. The idea is to check see that the query works.)
I expect everything will work fine.

c) Test Forms conversions.
- Now again, start simple

     select data
     into :bl1.data
     etc....

     select data, master into :bl1.data, :bl2.master
     etc.....

The whole point is to break down into small pieces and slowly change ONE thing at a time, until you either find the problem, or you get all the way back to the complete query and the thing works ok.

Good Luck
Robert Proffitt
Beckman Coulter
Brea California
RTProffitt "AT" beckman "DOT" com (change words to symbols)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 28 1999 - 12:33:46 CDT