Re: OCP practice tests - Are they worth it?

From: <willbill_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:11:22 GMT

I really think the practice q's are essential for success!! Don't take any of the classes, do it on your own with books and practice q's. Make sure you download a free trial of the Oracle product your studying.

I take #3 test Friday at 2:00!!!! Ahhhhhhhh! Wish me luck!

Keep studying, improve your professional worth >:) (more $)

In article <7v5d5n$kif$1_at_news4.svr.pol.co.uk>,   "-=< a q u a b u b b l e >=-"
<aquabubble_at_Remove.No.Parma.Ham.Remove.geocities.com> wrote:
> DRODRIGU1 <drodrigu1_at_aol.com> wrote in message
> > I am studying for the Oracle certification and ran accross these
practice
> tests
> > valued at about $100 and that they have about 300 questions and
answers.
> Could
> > I get a word about someone who has ordered these tests? What type
of
> results
> > did you get? Do they really help to pass the tests? Are the
questions
> > comparable in degree of difficulty with the test? I would
appreciate if
> you
> > share any experiences and advice. Thanks.
>
> I had these tests when I did my OCAD certification. I remember there
being
> many more than 300 questions though. I think there were about that
number
> *per module*. If they are the same ones then they are certainly worth
it.
> Many of the questions come up in the actual test (at least very
similar),
> and mimic very well the types of questions that are being asked.
>
> We had a couple of problems:
>
> 1. Some answers were incorrect.
> 2. Questions in actual tests are phrased *much* better. The practice
tests
> had a tendency to ask the questions in very strange ways.
>
> Sounds reasonable for 65 uks (100 dollars)... I didn't pay for mine
as they
> were included in a prep course.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 28 1999 - 08:11:22 CDT