HTML -> Oracle Procedure question

From: jason <jason_at_seahorseNOSPAM.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 11:35:22 +0100

Anyone know how to use <FORM> to post
data to an Oracle procedure?

I'm running Oracle Web Server V 3.0 against Oracle 8i.

I've got the PL/SQL agent cartridge up and running and can quite happily create a web page using Oracle procedures. But I want to take it a step further and capture data from, say, a drop down list and post this data back into another procedure.

How can I do it?

Below is an example of the type of procedure I'm trying to run.

I call it using http://someaddress:8080/owa_dba/plsql/choose

I want it to send the results of a drop-down list selection to another procedure called showemps.

create or replace procedure choose
as

begin

htp.htmlOpen;
htp.headOpen;
htp.title('Employee Index - Make a choice');
htp.headClose;

htp.bodyOpen( cattributes => 'BGCOLOR="#000000" TEXT="#FFFFFF"');

htp.formSelectOpen( cname => 'choose_dept',

                    cprompt => 'Please choose an ID : ' );

FOR empid_rec IN (select employee_id from employee_table) LOOP htp.formSelectOption( cvalue => empid_rec.employee_id,

                      cattributes =>
'VALUE='||OWA_UTIL.GET_OWA_SERVICE_PATH||
                        'showemps?id='||empid_rec.employee_id);

END LOOP; htp.formSelectClose;

htp.formSubmit('Send','Submit Search');

htp.formClose;

htp.bodyClose;
htp.htmlClose;

end;
/

Thanks for your help! Received on Thu Oct 28 1999 - 05:35:22 CDT