Re: Covert Reports 3.0 back to 2.5?

From: QuestionExchange <USENET_at_questionexchange.com>
Date: 28 Oct 1999 2:13:18 GMT

Jason -
I hate to tell you this but you are probably not going to get there. Downward compatible is not a functional concept in most software.
One thing you might try is to create a REX file and see if 2.5 can read that. Otherwise your left with knowing what the report is supposed to do - generate all possible documents - and recreating it.
Curiousity - Why do you need to do this? Becca
> Hello,
>
> I need to get a report I created in Report 3.0 back into
Reports 2.5. I
> didn't use any of the features unique to 3.0 except the
wizard, but when I
> open the report in 2.5 and go to the layout, I get the
following error and
> Developer crashes:
> REP-0203: Passed a null pointer as a handle. (Definition
Manager Memory
> Subsystem)
>
> I can't acces the Layout through the editor or object browser
or save the
> report without blowing up.
> I have tried copy/pasting from layout 3.0 into a new 2.5
report, but Reports

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com   http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=6487&cus_id=USENET&qtn_id=4530 Received on Wed Oct 27 1999 - 21:13:18 CDT