Re: Print an Oracle schema. How ?

From: QuestionExchange <USENET_at_questionexchange.com>
Date: 28 Oct 1999 02:13:05 GMT

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know an easy way to print an Oracle database
schema using
> NT4 Enterprise Manager ? I want to have a listing of all my
tables with
> the columns and their types on a convenient list.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> (Please answer by email)
> --
> Guillaume Delarue, Adren_at_line Ingéniérie Multimedia
> 44 rue Blanche 75009 PARIS - Web: http://www.aim.fr
> Tél: +33 01 55 31 78 00 - Fax: +33 01 55 31 78 08

I don't know anything about NT4 Enterprist Manager but a simple sqlplus report on the DBA_TAB_COLUMNS table should print out everything you need since it contains owner, table_name, column_name, and datatype fields for all of the columns in all of the tables in the database. sqlplus also has some reasonable report formating abilities so you can group the results by schema and table thus creating the list you want. andre azaroff
aazaroff_at_redrose.net

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com   http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=6470&cus_id=USENET&qtn_id=4526 Received on Wed Oct 27 1999 - 21:13:05 CDT