Re: Forms 6.0: Master-Detail Relationships

From: Chris Rimmer <Chris.Rimmer_at_tessella.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 13:26:47 +0100

Craig,

It looks to me like you have misunderstood what detail blocks are for. They are to display multiple records associated with a single master record. You want to display a single record associated with each of your multiple master records.

If the two sets of data are so closely bound (a record in one corresponds with a record in the other), it sounds like they should really be in the same table. In this case the problem goes away, as you can put everything in the same block.

Chris