Re: how to limit the output?

From: kev <kevin.porter_at_fast.no>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 13:11:10 +0100

Steve McDaniels wrote:

> select * from
> ( select field1, field2, ... from table_T where <blah blah> order by fieldn
> , etc)
> where rownum <= 3
> /

Have you tried this?

Here's what happens in 8.0.5 (because an ORDER BY in a view [subquery] is not allowed):

SVRMGR> select * from ( select id, title from story order by id ) where rownum < 4;
select * from ( select id, title from story order by id ) where rownum < 4

                                            *
ORA-00907: missing right parenthesis

Does this work in any version above 8.0.5?