Programming in SQL?

From: <amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 17:36:18 GMT

Hello,

I am trying to create a very interesting query and I'm not sure if it can be done.

I have two tables: Table A and Table B. There is a one to many relationship from Table A to Table B. What I want to do, for the dollar amount fields, is for matching records in the tables, I want sum the records in Table B first, then add it to the field in Table A.

So,

Table A has one record with a dollar amount of $100. Table B has three records with dollar amounts $100, $100 and -$100.

I want to sum those records in Table B BEFORE adding them to Table A.

Can this be done or am I stuck writing a PL/SQL procedure?

Please send a copy to my e-mail.

Thanks,

Arthur
amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 26 1999 - 12:36:18 CDT