Re: PL/SQL BUG?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:29:53 +0200

This is a 'feature' or a WAD (working as designed). The problem you have = is a scoping problem, that has always been there. Your problem is the = record member phenomenontype has the same name as the table name and the = column name phenomenontype.
Just a final short friendly note/question: Could you please try to avoid = posting in HTML, especially with that bold font. I admit I am wearing = glasses, but initially I only saw a big BLACK landscape, no letters.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
  Keith Jamieson <jamiesonk_at_phoenix.ie> wrote in message = news:7v49mo$31k$1_at_ezekiel.eunet.ie...
  Can anyone explain the following.

  The following (declared in a package specification), fails to compile

  TYPE phenomenontype_rec IS RECORD
(phenomenontype phenomenontype.phenomenontype%TYPE,

   memberid       indexingphenomenontype.memberid%TYPE,
   name           phenomenontype.name%TYPE,
   valuetype      phenomenontype.valuetype%TYPE,
   input          indexingphenomenontype.input%TYPE,
   purpose        phenomenontype.purpose%TYPE,
   sequence       indexingphenomenontype.sequence%TYPE );

  however. the following declared instead of the above compiles = successfully.

  TYPE phenomenontype_rec IS RECORD
(phenomenontype INTEGER,

   memberid       indexingphenomenontype.memberid%TYPE,
   name           phenomenontype.name%TYPE,
   valuetype      phenomenontype.valuetype%TYPE,
   input          indexingphenomenontype.input%TYPE,
   purpose        phenomenontype.purpose%TYPE,
   sequence       indexingphenomenontype.sequence%TYPE );

  This appears to me to be a bug in PL/SQL(Oracle 7.3.4) . Can someone = confirm this, or otherwise give me a good explanation of why this is not = a bug. Received on Tue Oct 26 1999 - 08:29:53 CDT