Re: connect to a remote database

From: Stephan Born <stephan.born_at_beusen.de>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 10:18:12 +0200

> Actually you don't - I have several DB links that are not named anything like
> the global name of the actual db.....
>
> For instance I have one named IADATA that refers to a database whose TNSnames
> entry is dofia.world....Works fine..
>
> John Greco
>
> Stephan Born <stephan.born_at_beusen.de> wrote:
>
> >You have to name your DB-Link object like the global-name of the db you want
> >to connect to.

Thats interresting, because I used db-links a few months ago and got irritating errors while using this
link in packages....then I found an article (dont ask me where I have got it now...) that since Ora7 one
should use the global name as the db-link name. I tried it and all my problems were gone....

Does anybody knows more about this problem?

Regards, Stephan

--

Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Stephan Born   | beusen Consulting GmbH
fon: +49 30 549932-17          | Landsberger Allee 392