Re: OAS 4071, 2 Apps, 2 IPs, Same server?

From: Brian O'Byrne <bobyrne_at_iol.ie>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 08:46:13 GMT

QuestionExchange (USENET_at_questionexchange.com) wrote:
: Brian -
: You should be able to set listener1 with the directories for
: app1 and listener2 with the directories for app2 and then never
: the twain shall meet.
: More info on how you did the setup is required here.
: Becca

Becca,

I'm not sure I understand your advice there.

To make this a little more concrete:
The two applications are the user and staff interfaces to a particular service. I would like to use network controls (firewalling/packet filtering) to ensure that the staff interface can only be served to one network and the user interface to another.

Typically, this means having two web listeners, listening on two different IPs, and each serving one of the two interfaces.

So my listeners are UserListener and StaffListener, with UserListener listening on a globally-routable IP and StaffListener listening on a private IP.

I also have UserApp and StaffApp.

UserApp is in a directory (say) %ORACLE_HOME%/carts/UserCart/classes StaffApp is in a similar directory %ORACLE_HOME%/carts/StaffCart/classes

These are both JWeb applications.

I dont believe I can set a UserListener directory mapping from / to %ORACLE_HOME%/carts/UserCart/classes (with what flags? none of CN, NN, or WN seem appropriate)

The directory mapping is done on a cartridge-by-cartridge basis, irrespective of the listeners.

Brian.

: > Hi people,
: >
: > I'm looking for a way to get two different applications I
: have running on
: > the same OAS 4071 server to be served on two different IP
: addresses.
: >
: > ie. App 1 served on IP a.b.c.d, and App 2 served on IP
: e.f.g.h
: >
: > Setting up the listeners is trivial enough, but there seems
: to be no way
: > to associate App 1 with Listener 1, so that Listener 2 cannot
: serve App 1.
: >
: > Any pointers would be welcome.
: >
: > Thanks.
: > Brian.
: >
: > --
: > Brian O'Byrne
: > bobyrne_at_iol.ie
: >
: >
: >
:
: --
: This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com
: http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=6330&cus_id=USENET&qtn_id=6281