Re: Lost Table Space

From: QuestionExchange <USENET_at_questionexchange.com>
Date: 26 Oct 1999 1:57:14 GMT

A firly complex issue. The simple answer although not complete is that there probably isn't enough contiguous space. Take a look at DBA_FREE_SPACE. This tells you the size of the remaining chunks of space that are not yet allocated. If you're trying to create an object of say 1M and that total space available of over 1 M but the space is not contiguous the object can't be created.
The best way to not have this happen is to create the tablespace with a set initial, make next the same, percent increase of 0 (default is 50). then when objects are created allow the size to default or use a multiple of initial. Hope this helps!
Becca
> I'm not a trained DBA, but have been asked a DBA question.
Your help would
> be much, much appreciated!
>
> We have allocated 10 GB of table space with 100 MG auto
extents. We have
> several tables that take up about 6 GB of space - we verified
that by
> looking at the space available using the DBA manager.
However, when we

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com   http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=6324&cus_id=USENET&qtn_id=6274 Received on Mon Oct 25 1999 - 20:57:14 CDT