Re: sql *plus

From: QuestionExchange <USENET_at_questionexchange.com>
Date: 26 Oct 1999 1:56:47 GMT

Constraints as I'm sure you are aware can be enabled or disabled.
In your case, I'd disable the constraint, do the add, clean up the mess and then re-enable the constraint. You could also clean up the non-compliant data before copying the data or use a PL/SQL procedure to read the data, attempt the
insert and if it fails discard the record or repair it. Lots of choices!
Becca
> I'm copying data from one table to another using
insert/select. The source
> table may have some bad data and it errors out on a fk
constraint in the
> target table. Is there a way in sql *plus to have it not
abort totally but

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com   http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=6344&cus_id=USENET&qtn_id=6263 Received on Mon Oct 25 1999 - 20:56:47 CDT