Re: Which source for DB consulting pjct?

From: Stan Kang <kang_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 14:21:16 -0700

Michael Forlin wrote...
> Cooper Hazen wrote...
> >

> > Can anyone offer me a recommendation on consultant-finding services? We
> > need help with setting up a moderately complex web controlled DB and also
> > either transitioning an accounting system from legacy UNIX fixture or
> > establishing a new distributed accounting system (cost will determine).
> >
> > What about ConsultLink.com versus Monster.com? If your recommendation is
> > for offline, I'm in Portland, OR.
> >
> > -Cooper Hazen
> >

> Try Consultlink first. Much more specialized, of course. Monster is
> better-known, but if you're a consultant looking for jobs via the web,
> you ought to know about Consultlink. -Mike

Another tactic that has worked for me for more specialized projects is to find discussion forums about the particular topic and then write to the forums' moderators and ask if they can refer anyone. I've hired one full- time and one contract person this way. I have also used consultlink.com with good results.

Good luck,

Stan Received on Mon Oct 25 1999 - 16:21:16 CDT