datatype Variant in VB60

From: Strolch <m.bickel_at_ids-scheer.ch>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 19:49:12 +0200

Hello

We decided to use oracle objects for OLE instead MS ADO to read data from Oracle 8 into a VB application, because of the better performance. In the oracle objects for OLE documentation it's written, that a field of the format NUMBER(2) for example will be handeled as Integer in VB. If I'm looking to the Field.Type-Property it is also known as integer. But in fact the Field.Value-Property handels it as a string. With the date-fields it works correct.
Has anybody an idea, how data can be converted to the correct type right with the CreateDynaset method.

any help would be welcome

Matthias Received on Mon Oct 25 1999 - 12:49:12 CDT