Help: Sybase V Oracle V DB2 ???

From: Naran Hirani <N.Hirani_at_hgmp.mrc.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 16:40:32 +0100

Hi Guys,

My organization may soon have to move from Sybase ASE v11.9 to one of the two big players above.
I was therefore wondering if there are any people out there with experiences, good, bad, or indifferent
regarding the above major DBMSs. Currently, we are seriously considering going down the DB2
route as Oracle is being less than co-operative in negotiating a deal to match our smallish budget. My
initial thoughts on DB2 are that it is technically a sound DBMS, maybe even quite superior to Sybase.
Oracle I know little of, and from hear-say, I understand that it is a bit of dog to administer.

Your comments would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your anticipated replies.

Regards,
Naran Hirani Received on Mon Oct 25 1999 - 10:40:32 CDT