Re: Restoring A Harddisk Image!

From: Brian W. Chester <bwchester_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 14:13:52 GMT

Daniel,

Is your database contained on only one disk? If you used ghost to backup only the system drive and the oracle datafiles are on a different drive, then returned your system to use after the backup, your control files (which are probably stored on your system disk) are now out of date with the data.

If everything is on one disk, then you should be able to fully recover but only to the previous date. The control files can be rebuilt but, it has been a very long time since I have done it and do not have the notes at this location. If you must get this back up fast, contact Oracle technical support. If you did not purchase support with your product, this could be expensive.

Let me know if you get it going or not. I can try to get the info faxed to me.

Brian