Re: External Procedure.

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <fen_at_changegroup.dk>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 18:57:42 +0100

Hi Jack.

If you don't have to call back into the database but only want some standard C functionality (eg call a program, complex calculations) you just use plain C, ie no OCI/Pro*C. For an example, check out http://www.oracle.com/oramag/oracle/99-Jan/19or8.html (they only use OCI for indicators -- if a variable/parameter is NULL or not).

HTH. Finn