Re: Can't CREATE PROCEDURE

From: Matthew McPeak <mcpeakm_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 11:01:39 -0400

In SQL plus, use SHOW ERROR (might be SHOW ERRORS?) to list the error messages from a failed PL/SQL compilation. It works for everything except triggers. For trigger errors you have to select from USER_ERRORS.

Anyway, that should give you more information.

Your example looks fine to me, but INHART may not exist, or may not be visible to SYSTEM (remember, in stored procedures, you don't have access granted to you through a role, so SYSTEM can't see everything just because it has DBA granted). Or maybe, ARTNR is a number and you are inserting a string. Or maybe you didn't run DBMSPROC.sql when the database was created and don't have the procedural option installed.

If SHOW ERROR doesn't help, let me know. Good luck.