Java and 8i question

From: <mikegrof_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 03:06:03 GMT

Hi all,

What are the limitations of Java stored procedures? Can they be graphical? Can they do file I/O? Any setup like utl_file? What can you do with Java that you can't do with PL/SQL? I'm a little confused on how Oracle can support the full features of the Java language.

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Oct 23 1999 - 22:06:03 CDT