Re: OCI and Stored Procedures.

From: <arivlin_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 22:14:13 GMT

I have a very basic question: where is definition of OCIDescribe? I am trying to compile example and I get the following error: 'rOCIDescribe' uses undefined struct 'OCIDescribe' Have anyone seen anything similar? What is the cure? All other OCI structures ( OCIStmt,OCIBind,OCIEnv,OCIError, OCIServer,OCISession,OCIStmt, CISvcCtx, etc. ) are OK.

Thank you in advance.
Alex

In article <7tdsjp$kkc$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   erolaivas_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Please, can anybody help me with a working
> sequence of describing a stored procedure argument
> list? For the sequence like the one following I
> get OCI_INVALID_HANDLE:

> static OCISvcCtx *svchp;
> OCIDescribe *dschp = (OCIDescribe*)0;
> text objptr[] = "procname"; /* procedure name */
> ub4 objp_len = strlen("procname");
> retcode = OCIHandleAlloc((dvoid *) envhp,
> (dvoid **) &dschp, (ub4)OCI_HTYPE_DESCRIBE,
> (size_t) 0, (dvoid **) 0);
> /*parsing the PL/Sql block calling the SP*/
> retcode = OCIStmtPrepare(stmthp, errhp, (text *)
> give_raise,(ub4)strlen(give_raise),
> OCI_NTV_SYNTAX, OCI_DEFAULT);
> (void) OCIErrorGet((dvoid *)errhp, (ub4) 1,
> (text *) NULL, &errcode,errbuf, (ub4)
> sizeof(errbuf), OCI_HTYPE_ERROR);
> /*describe the stored procedure*/
> retcode = OCIDescribeAny(svchp,errhp,objptr,
> objp_len,OCI_OTYPE_NAME,OCI_DEFAULT,
> OCI_PTYPE_PROC, &dschp);
>
> Thank You!
> Erol
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 22 1999 - 17:14:13 CDT