ODBC

From: John Duran <d3plan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 21:04:16 GMT

I need to connect MS Access 2000 to my Oracle 8 database running on Sun SPARC with Solaris 2.6

I have tried every combination that I can think of to get a connection but fail to do so.

I have various Net8 connections that work fine including TOAD, ERWIN etc that are all direct

What do I need to get the ORACLE8 ODBC to work? Following are the errors I keep getting:

"ODBC-call failed.
[Oracle][ODBC][ORA]: NETCMN: invalid driver designator (#6401)[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Connection not open (#0)"

I have used the service name from Net 8 to no use, I have used the IP:PORT:SID just not sure what it looks for - the Oracle instructions on using the ODBC driver are useless and there is no test function prior to using the setting.

Any help or reference source with sample setups would be apprectiated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 22 1999 - 16:04:16 CDT