[Q] Regular expression matching

From: Gary O'Keefe <gary_at_onegoodidea.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 11:35:00 GMT

Folks

I'm trying to create a trigger which only makes changes to a row insert (it swaps a couple of the columns so they are ordered correctly) in the event that it detects a UK postcode is about to be inserted into a specific column. The easy bit is creating a regular expression to match a postcode, the hard bit is figuring out a way to call the regex libraries. Has anyone got any ideas about this?

The DB is Oracle 7.3.2.3 running under SunOS 5.5.1.

Gary
--
Gary O'Keefe
gary_at_onegoodidea.com

You know the score - my current employer has nothing to do with what I post Received on Fri Oct 22 1999 - 06:35:00 CDT