Ellison waves goodbye to client server

From: John David Birch <john.birch_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 08:12:18 GMT

"Ellison waves goodbye to client server"

I just read an article from the "Irish Computer" (October 1999) which states that the ceo of Oracle Larry Ellison "waves goodbye to client server" and that the client server solution was a "colossal mistake".

Is this just a merketing move in the fight against MS SQL Server ?

What are Oracle's short and long tem plans ? Are we looking towards a more internet/intranet based solution to all databases ? Received on Fri Oct 22 1999 - 03:12:18 CDT