Re: Restoring A Harddisk Image!

From: Darren Smith <dsmith_at_nospamming.au.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 14:56:38 +0800

Was the database installed as a service on the NT server? If not you would have had to shut it down manually before you rebooted.

Do you have a cold backup of the database?

If and only if its the rollback segments, you might get away with something like

startup mount
drop tablespace rbs

shut the database down again

Comment out the line in the init<instance name>.ora file about rollback_segments=

start it up again

Then recreate your rbs tablespace again and ALL of your associated roll back segments (listed in the init.ora file).

You will have to uncomment the lines in the init.ora file again and bounce the database.

NOTE!!! This is rattled of the top of my head. _PLEASE_ find a manual of some sort to verify this!!

good luck!

--

Darren Received on Fri Oct 22 1999 - 01:56:38 CDT