Re: Easy Forms Question I think...

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 05:16:58 GMT

In article <380FD77A.E61B88F_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>, Jimmy <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk> wrote:
> I have a table data block TESTING. All the fields in table TESTING
>are in this block.
>
> I developed a button with the following code:
>
>go_block('TESTING');

You cannot do a go_block while in ENTER_QUERY mode!!!

>if :system.mode = 'NORMAL' then
> do_key('enter_query');
>else
> do_key('execute_query');
>end if;

The easiest way to resolve this problem is to put the button in the block you are querying. Even if you set mouse-navigate to false, focus changes (only temporarily) to the block where the button resides, and is not allowable in ENTER_QUERY mode. So like I said, put the button in the base table block, and set its Items Displayed property to 1. And get rid of the go_block command.

Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
Downloadable Quick Access utility form: Display and update any table. Received on Fri Oct 22 1999 - 00:16:58 CDT