Re: Loader

From: Steve McDaniels <steve.mcdaniels_at_sierra.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 16:50:15 -0700

Direct path loads are safe.
When loading into your production table, the load will complete and leave your primary key index on the production table in DIRECT LOAD state if any of the composite keys conflict with pk's in the production table. You would need to rebuild the primary key index.
(do ya gotta use the [slow] COMPOSITE keys?)

What about loading it into a temporary table, do any needed cleansing and primary key checking, then append to your production table?

(direct sql load is way cool, you can't get me to stop using it)