Oracle THIN DRIVER info

From: uncle.scrooge <uncle.scrooge_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 19:51:00 -0400

I'm trying to find documentation that describes how to control session parameters when
using the thin driver. Specifically, I'm trying to find out if I can control how
many records are prefetched for large queries. Using the Borland DATAGATEWAY, for
example, the ROWSETSIZE parameter controls that feature. I can either get 20 records
at a time or 1000.

I know I can specify the connect string in the same syntax as the tnsnames.ora file,
but I'm trying to optimize for very large data sets (100K rows, 30 columns).

any ideas?

thx Received on Thu Oct 21 1999 - 18:51:00 CDT