Re: OAS 4.0.7 randomly stops accepting logins

From: Jason Judge <jason.judge_at_virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 23:27:49 +0100

I had this on OAS4.0.6 too and could not find a way to stop it directly.

I got around the problem in my PL/SQL application by using package-level authentication and writing my own authentication routine in PL/SQL. After the first successful login it writes a session-only cookie to the client browser to say 'this user is logged in'. Each time a procedure is invoked it checks this cookie first and allows access if it exists. When the user exits the browser then the cookie automatically expires.

This works with virtually no overhead on a 100+ user intranet providing a search screen and image delivery system.

Regards,

Jason Judge
jason.judge_at_iee.org.uk Received on Thu Oct 21 1999 - 17:27:49 CDT