Java Stored Procedures Question

From: Venu Jadcherla <venuj_at_mycfo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 12:59:38 -0700

Hello:

Here is a question that I have about Java stored procedures:

Scenario:

I have written a Java stored procedure which uses "exec" method in java.lang.Runtime to execute a third party executable. I call this Java stored procedure from a Java program using JDBC. I am running this Java program using the sun Java VM. I am not able to see any system output messages which are inside the stored procedure when I run it using the Java VM.

However, when I run the same stored procedure using SQLPlus, I am calling dbms_java.set_output(2000) and this displays all the output messages. I tried the same call in my Java program and it doesn't display anything. Is there a way to see the output messages when the stored procedure is called from Java?

The second question that I have is, when I run the stored procedure from SQLPlus, even though I see the system output messages, I am not able to see the error messages from the third party executable. Is there anything I can do to see these error messages?

Thanks for your reply in advance. I really appreciate it.

Regards,
Venu Received on Thu Oct 21 1999 - 14:59:38 CDT