Determine then name of the DB inside a Stored Procedure

From: Rui Anastácio <coreto03_at_axa-seguros.pt>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 14:26:33 +0100

I have a procedure that writes a file to the system via utl_file. Since I have to indicate the directory and this changes from development to test and production I need to change the Stored Procedure upon compiling in different DB's (the problem).

I could solve the problem if I knew the database name from the procedure. Then I could write the file to the corresponding place.

USERENV might be a solution
V$ is for SYS only right ?
DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO might do it but I don't have the info. Anyone ?

Any other way ? Received on Thu Oct 21 1999 - 08:26:33 CDT