* character stored as data

From: Pam Lantzy <plantzy_at_uamail.albany.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 08:23:58 -0400

Hi,

I have a general question. Is the * character a reserved in Oracle? I am new to Oracle and in the past have used the Digitial VAX RDBMS. I have had no problems in the storing the * character in that database (ie: Field: PART_NUM char(25) Value: XYZ67*UTQ3)

I want to make sure that in Oracle there is no conflicts with using the * character in the same way.

Thanks
Pam Received on Thu Oct 21 1999 - 07:23:58 CDT