ORA-04031 errors

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 08:01:47 -0400

I have an Oracle 7.3.4 database running under SunOS 5.6. There is 1G physical memory in the machine and the shared memory has been set to 400M. The initxxx.ora file has a shared_pool_size of 30000000

The nature of the application using the database is that files containing ascii data are parsed and the extracted data is inserted into two tables - one containing a parent record and the other containing numerous child records.

For some reason that I do not understand, after a day or so of operations, we start receiving ORA-4031 errors in the PRO-C program which inserts the records.
The only thing that I have been able to do to keep this from happening has been to create a cron job which runs periodically to perform a "ALTER SYSTEM FLUSH SHARED_POOL". Does anyone else have any experience with this? Received on Thu Oct 21 1999 - 07:01:47 CDT