Re: Oracle and Linux

From: George Dau <gedau_at_isa.mim.com.au>
Date: 1999/10/20

Anonymous-Remailer_at_See.Comment.Header (Boxer) wrote:

]Does anyone know what
]distro plays best with Oracle 8i and WebDB.

When I checked ages ago; Oracle certified their distribution on a specific version of RedHat. If all else was equal, I'd check what Oracle say on their current release of Oracle for Linux, and install exactly what Oracle say.

I got Oracle 8.0.5 running on Slackware, but I had to install RedHat on another box and copy two libraries over. No doubt you can get Oracle running on any recent distribution, but I would expect to have least problems using what Oracle recommend.

--
 ,-,_|\  George Dau - Unix (Solaris, DEC Unix, Linux), Oracle, Internet.   __
/    * \ Home: gedau_at_pobox.com         !  Any views or opinions expressed (OO)