Which Version?

From: Paul <prowen_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 04:33:26 +0100

I wonder if anybody can help me .. a company I am working for has just won a contract to port a database application written in SQL Server 6.5/7.0 to Oracle. Unfortunately, we do not have any Oracle software at all and we need to purchase some! Our working arrangements (2 developers working from home) mean that we do not require large amounts of connections. However, the software should be able to operate on Windows NT 4.0 and hopefully Windows 98 laptops. Does such an animal exist? I have heard conflicting reports about what we require (Oracle lite / Oracle Standard Personal edition etc) and was wondering if you knowledgeable people knew a definitive answer...

Thanks in advance!

Paul prowen_at_bigfoot.com Received on Wed Oct 20 1999 - 22:33:26 CDT