Compile PL/SQL procedure containing ampersands from SQLPLUS

From: bmlam <bmlam_at_online.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 22:18:02 +0200

I wonder is there any way to compile a PL/SQL procedure from SQLPLUS that contains following code fragment:

    home_page('param_a=1&param_b=2');

HTML savvy persons know this is used to pass parameters from a HTTP client request. When compiling the procedure using SQLPLUS, it interprets param_b as a variable and prompts the user to enter a value for it interactively. Of course this is a misbehaviour in this context.

Any idea to circumvent this? So far, we use TOAD to compile the stuff. But we want to be able to compile using scripts, not relying on a GUI tool. Received on Wed Oct 20 1999 - 15:18:02 CDT