Very basic question

From: Gates <twofourblue_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 15:21:54 -0400

Hi,

I just installed Oracle 8.1.5 for WinNT. It created a database instance and everything else for me. I can use SQL Plus to modify this database. Everything seems fine.

I would like to add users, groups, etc... to my database. I could do it from SQL Plus but I though some of the assistants might make things easier.

When I try to use the "Oracle Administration Assistant For Windows NT" no windows open, and nothing seems to happen. What does that assistant do? Why won't it start up? Which assistant should I be using to create users and groups?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gates Received on Wed Oct 20 1999 - 14:21:54 CDT