Import Question

From: <amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:38:42 GMT

Hello,

An interesting question. When you do a full database export, it exports everything, tables,. constraints, indexes, procedures, functions, etc.

When I then do a full import, how can I make it such that the object dependencies are not in error?

For example, I have Table A with a foreign key in Table B. If the import brings in Table A first, the creation of the constraint will fail.

Likewise, if any procedures are brought in and compliled before the functions, they will probably fail too.....

Can this be fixed?

Arthur
amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 20 1999 - 11:38:42 CDT