Question on referencing loaded columns in SQL Loader

From: Me <annardo_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 10:50:36 -0400

I have a question on referencing previously loaded data in sql loader.

e.g. I have a datafile with these data.
"A1, "B1", "C1", "D1"
"A2", "B2", "C2", "D2"

I need to have a control file that would look something like: load data
infile 'test.dat'
replace
into table test_table
fields terminated by "," enclosed by '"' (

column1,
column2,
column3,
column4,

extracolumn ":column2"
)

Is it possile for my fifth "extracolumn" reference the value in "column2" without SQL*loader thinking that there is an extra data field in the datafile? When I run the above, I'll get an error message stating that
"Column not found before end of record...use TRAILING NULLCOLS". I don't
want to use TRAILING NULLCOLS, because if I have a lot of fields, then I'll get "Not all variables are bound."

TIA Received on Wed Oct 20 1999 - 09:50:36 CDT