Re: MS Access launches oracle procedure which call dbms.submit_job (unexpected results) help

From: <saneish_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 20:20:25 GMT

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 21:49:58 +0200, "Sybrand Bakker" <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

snip
>Apparently somehow, somewhere in the passthru query the NLS_DATE_FORMAT
>settings are getting ignored and default settings (usually DD-MON-YY) are
>being applied.
>This seems to be a problem of the Oracle ODBC driver (a post from last week
>was referring to this) and the Microsoft driver was not having this problem.

I don't think that can be it. There is no "date" sent. Just 1999 and 2.

And note, if I use the exact same sql statement from the sql prompt (calling the same procedure to submit the job to run later), the job gets submitted as expected and later executes as expected. From Access, the job alos gets submitted as expected, it's the submitted job that fails when it finally runs. By this time, Access is not in the picture.

Both jobs appear identical in the DBA_JOBS table after they are submitted.

I'm sure the date error returned is just a "red herring". It used to be a different error before. It's more like corrupted memory on the oracle/unix box. At least that's how it acts. Received on Mon Oct 18 1999 - 15:20:25 CDT