Re: Oracle within a Unix Script

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 17:17:54 GMT

try creating a SQL file with your SQL commands in it and passing that in from the shell script, ie

sqlplus @filename.sql

this should still prompt your for username/password, and if you include an 'exit' at the end of the sql script you will return to the shell when finished running the SQL.

HTH,
Roy

In article <7ufdtu$l21$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a simple Unix script that logs onto SQL and executes some SQL
> spool to a file. Here is a clip:
>
> sqlplus -s /<< EOT 1>/dev/null
> .
> .
> .
> select .....
> .
> .
> from v$filestat x, ts$ ts, v$datafile i, file$ f
> .
> .
> .
>
> The problem is that the Unix script is taking those $ signs and thinks
> they are variables. Is there a way for me to escape them so Oracle
will
> still recognize them???
>
> Arthur
> amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 18 1999 - 12:17:54 CDT