Re: Spool limitation

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:07:27 +0800

Malka Friedman wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to spool a select statement to a file, But when the file size
> get to 2.147 GB the select stops - file size is limit...
> Is there any way to enlarge this limit? the table is very big and I must
> have it in a Ascii file format.
>
> Thanks
> Malka

Probably a limit on the operating system size (although some oracle tools have a similar limit)

try this:

mknod pipe_file.lst p
cat pipe_file.lst | compress > compressed_data.Z &

sqlplus ...
spool pipe_file

This will compress the data as you go (you could also use 'split' to achive a similar result)

HTH
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Mon Oct 18 1999 - 05:07:27 CDT