Re: Unload Tables

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 17:56:30 +0800

Thomas Kyte wrote:

> A copy of this was sent to Johan den Boer <jj.den.boer_at_hccnet.nl>
> (if that email address didn't require changing)
> On Sat, 16 Oct 1999 07:47:47 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Does anyone how to unload tables to ascii files.
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >email : jj.den.boer_at_hccnet.nl
>
> see the url in my signature. there i have scripts for Unix and NT to create
> delimited files for any table using sqlplus.
>
> --
> See http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ for my columns 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'...
> Current article is "Part I of V, Autonomous Transactions" updated June 21'st
>
> Thomas Kyte tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
> Oracle Service Industries Reston, VA USA
>
> Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation

Hello Thomas,

Before I log an enhancement request, do you have any inside word on whether there will be any facility available to the user which would mimic the speed increase that one gets with direct=true on export.

It'd be nice to have something similar in SQL Plus

"select direct *
 from table"

or the like...

--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Mon Oct 18 1999 - 04:56:30 CDT